Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ahh...Good Morning



I was up at 7am and finally by 8am I had my coffee made, my english muffin was toasted and had blackberry preserves on it (which I was SO excited about because I just bought that at the store last night--I love blackberry jelly but hate the seeds in it..did you know they make seedless blackberry jelly, jam or preserves?? I never knew..until last night! ) and my Bible was all ready to go. Good Morning to me! (Notice the little hand trying to reach for my english muffin?? I was not the only one awake. That was Gracie trying to sample my breakfast!)

I was reminded of something very simple yet very profound this morning when I was reading my Bible. I was reading Psalm 95. In verse 3-6 it states:
"For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hands are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker,"
A very simple concept. God created our earth and everything in it. It made look outside and think, "wow, how often to I thank God for creating all of this?". I thank him for my children, for my husband, for all the other "things" he's given me but do I thank him for this beautiful earth he created with his hands? Yesterday we were driving to the grocery store. We have to drive for about 30 minutes on country roads. I kept noticing these trees that had beautiful purple flowers on them. I pointed out each one I saw and commented on how beautiful they were (side note: doing that made me think of my Mom. Growing up she was always pointing out beautiful trees, flowers, etc. I now do that too! ). BUT I didn't think to thank God for creating those. Now that spring is here, the earth is covered with His new beauty. Let's not forget to thank our creator who created all these beautiful things. He created this earth with his hands. "Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker"

No comments: