Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dirty Jobs


I dont' know why this picture of Cooper keeps uploading to this blog sideways. It's not like that on my computer. I already rotated it. ugh. oh well, you can at least see his floppy ears! lol.


Gracie playing outside too!


The kids playing "dirty jobs".



Digging in their mud pit.



I'm sure most of you have seen that show on the discovery channel called "Dirty Jobs" right?!?! Well, Jordan loves that show. He is so interested in all that stuff. Today after school the kids were all outside playing. I went out to see what they were playing. They were digging in some dirt by our tree. I went back in the house for a little bit. I heard the outside faucet turn on. I didn't even want to go back outside to see what was going on. I knew the result of that couldn't be pretty. I was right. They filled the hole they dug with water. Now they had MUD. They were scooping out mud and filling the bucket. I asked what they were doing. They said they were playing "Dirty Jobs". Part of me was really upset on the inside. I was smiling at them on the outside. I was upset only because I knew what this ment. Dirty, messy kids that were going to track all this dirt into the house. BUT I realized the damage was already done. So I went back inside and got my camara. They were, after all, having a blast so I really needed to document this. After my picture taking I came inside with Gracie to get a few things done. Then I heard the knock at the back door...there was Jordan COVERED from head to toe with mud and water. I mean COVERED. Then came Mason...no pants on..just his diaper...also covered in mud. Some how they both fell in the hole?!??! Not sure how that happened. So I said, "okay, take off your shoes, your pants and your shirt and I'll go and start the bath. Please don't come inside until i come back to get you". When I returned I found Jordan running around the yard naked...yup..completely naked. Luckily we have a 6ft tall privacy fence. I never told him to completely strip down. I was just thinking he would take off his shoes, jeans & shirt and stand by the door...not RUN around the yard naked. Mason then had his diaper off too. My boys, I tell ya what! They are crazy! I got them all in the bath after that and I had 3 squeaky clean kiddos at dinnertime! We had pancakes and scrambled eggs for dinner. The kids thought that was funny that they were eating pancakes in their pj's for dinner. Jordan said it was like breakfast on a Saturday morning! Here are come pictures from todays adventure. I didn't take any pictures of my naked boys though. Just the muddy kiddos. Oh and I got creative taking pictures of Cooper. I was trying to having him jump at my camara so I could get a picture of him with his floppy ears flopping!!! I was entertaining myself that is for sure!




2 comments:

denise said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! But I don't think I would have been so nice. Even though I have three, I think I still act like a first time mom with stuff like that. I just don't like dirt - lol!

Shawna said...

Oh..i know I HATE dirt...or anything messy (small little toys, playdough..& especially DIRT). it's taken me 4 kids to just smile in this situation. :)