Thursday, January 12, 2012

M.O.M - Mom of Many

I'm in the process of giving my blog a facelift. It also includes a new blog title. "Pieces of Me" just wasn't quite doing it for me. So I have come up with a new title. "Thoughts from a M.O.M"

Am I REALLY a "Mom of Many" now? When I think about it...I would answer "No". I mean...I'm ONLY on baby #5. Is that really a lot? I guess by societys standards today that is a crazy amount of kids. To me, well, it's just my life (which I LOVE by the way). I was thinking about this the other day when I heard what sounded like a herd of elephants running thru the house. It seriously sounded like I had 20 kids running...but nope..only my 4 kiddos...which is just 8 feet running around. Then I got to thinking about when #5 is running around. That IS many children...so I suppose I can say I am a "M.O.M -- Mom of Many!".

Then I was thinking about all the things that go on in one day at our home with so many little ones running around. I'm sure I have a crazy experience I could share on a daily basis. No day around here is ordinary...well, I suppose it's OUR ordinary day but perhaps not the typical day others would find ordinary. I mean, seriously when do you have one child break a snow globe and have another child fall on the glass and cut up their foot and then while going to get the broom to clean up the glass hear a big CRASH and realize your christmas tree was just knocked down by the 4 yr old hiding behind it. Then when you go and try to put the tree up it falls down the other direction. And by this time 4 children are crying and saying Christmas is ruined and the 4 yr old that knocked it over is hanging his head and wandering around the house singing "we wish you a merry christmas" in a sad, sad tone. I can't make this stuff up people...THIS is my reality. This type of stuff happens on a daily basis.

So I have done much thinking with this blog. It was getting boring to me. It wasn't heading in the direction i wanted it to. It started out as a place for me to update my friends and family. Then I wanted to share new things I was learning and trying out. And other times I wanted to just share my thoughts whether deep ones or just silly ones. Most of them have to do with being a mother. So I found that a new title was needed for this blog so that is where "Thoughts from a M.O.M" came from.

So there you have it.

No comments: