Monday, January 16, 2012

SNOW DAY!!!

Last week we got snow...okay, so not very much snow. But enough that the kids were SOOO excited. I love their excitement as the first few flakes start to fall. They squeal with delight. I love it!

Since we homeschool, my kids don't get the fun of having an "actual" snow day from school. We just go on with our normal activities. I had told the kids that once they finished ALL their school for the day they could bundle up and head outside. (I didn't want to let them take their normal break to head outside because I knew it would take MUCH longer to get all 4 of them bundled up only to have them come right back in). They got their breaks but it was for inside play not outside. My kids FLEW through their school work. Not saying they didn't learn anything, but they didn't waste ANY time getting their work done. They even wanted to work thru their breaks. They were done before lunch! So after lunch we bundled them up and let them out into the frigid, cold air. They had a blast even though there was very little snow. I enjoyed watching from inside the warm house.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Wow- They are getting big, Shawna. It's always fun to see kids having fun! Blessings- Diana