Friday, September 5, 2008

What a day & it's only Noon

So today started out with Jordan waking me saying "Mom, we have to get I have school today!" What?!?! I sit straight up...my heart beating so fast because I got woken up from a deep sleep. I check the time...Whew...only 7:08am...we dont' have to leave the house until 7:30am (that is the lastest we can leave to have him there on time). So I rush around to make myself look half way presentable (since I have to walk him into school every morning--he refuses to let me just drop him off). I got Mason changed and dressed. Then make Jordan's breakfast. Then wake Mya up, get her dressed. Okay, it's 7:29am...okay, let's get in the jeep...so far so good. And we are off. By this time it's 7:38am and we start our drive. of course I get behind the slowest people in Arkansas. Seriously people, don't you want to get where you are going at a decent time? I mean you are obviously going to work or school so push the pedal to the metal...seriously, if you don't have somewhere to be you should be in bed sleeping. So we pull into the middle school parking lot (about a block from jordan's school..where i have to park every morning to walk him into school). 7:55am. Whew! we made it. So I get him into school. We walk down the hall way and there were kids everywhere...they were scattering around like a bunch of little ants. Seriously, they were ALL OVER! Mason was in my arms waving happily at everyone. I said my good bye to Jordan and gave him a hug and a kiss. Now it's time to go home. That's right..I have an eye appointment today at 9am..so when we get home we have 15 minutes to eat breakfast then we have to leave and head to walmart for my appointment. Mya eats her breakfast. I get everything in the diaper bag and get all the kids buckled back in the car. Good, we have 10 minutes until my appointment. That will give us 6 minutes to get there and 4 to walk in. I put my key in the ignition and.....and.....and....NOTHING. No sound of it even trying to start. WHAT?!?!? This can't be happening. So I take a deep breath and take the key out and try again. I mean, i must have done something wrong...just 15 minutes ago it was working just fine. Nope, nothing again. The radio came on...so the battery couldn't be dead, right? Then I start to panic. Who cares about my eye appointment...how was I going to get Jordan at 3pm today? I call Ryan. He kept telling me maybe I didn't have it all the way in park. But I did. I start to cry. I'm freaking out. So he says he'll call his grandpa who just rencently moved here (praise God!) to come and look at it. So he comes. He tries to charge the battery. That does nothing. The battery was find. The starter was brand new a few months ago. That wasn't it. Then he starts to jiggle the fuses and then he tries and...VOILA! it started! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!! He said the starter fuse was loose. I am SOOOO thankful that is all it was. Ryan is in Florida and it was a stress I didn't want to have to deal with without him here. So now I think I might go to the jeep dealership and get a new starter fuse to have on hand incase there is something wrong with it. I'm just happy it's running now. My whole morning was shot...but at least it's working now. Mason is napping right now and Mya is watching "wow, wow Wubzy". I am trying to get motivated to clean out jordan's closet but the way my morning has went...I think I might just relax. I also need to schedule another eye appointment seeing as I can hardly see out of my contacts..I am in desperate need of new ones!!!!!!!!!

No comments: