Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A sad Good-bye





This morning was filled with tears. Ryan had to leave for work. He's an insurance adjuster and as many of you know Hurricane Gustav hit Louisana yesterday. He has to drive to Waco, TX for some meetings and then he will get assigned his claims and head to LA, UNLESS hurricane Hanna hits the U.S. he might have to go and work those claims. But anyways...this morning. It was SO sad. The kids were so sad. Jordan's eyes welled up with tears. I know he didn't want to cry but he couldn't hold it in. Mason, not quite sure what was going on, just kept waving "Bye-bye" and squealing with delight. He just thought it was a fun game of saying "bye-bye". It's one thing if we knew when he would be returning but that is just it. We don't. It could be a month or it could be three!. We just don't know. It's so hard. This job sucks actually. But it's what we need him to do right now for us financially. We keep telling ourselves "it will be worth it in the end!" and it will. I have peace about it. I'm not so worried about me, being by myself taking care of the kids alone. I can do it, it's not a problem. I'm just sad about not having Ryan here with me. I feel sad for the kids not having him there. I'm sad for him, that he'll miss Mya's first dance class, or Jordan's first soccer game or Mason's first step (which I've already told myself that I will not try to have Mason start walking..i don't want him to start without ryan here!). All around, it's just sad. But we will get thru it. I know we will. It's only for a time, a season. This isn't going to be forever. It's just what we need right now. I know God will have his hand on us and our family. I trust Him.

3 comments:

One Thing... said...

That stinks Shawna!! I am sorry Ryan has to leave for so long. I will be praying for you and your family. I love you!!!! You guys can come to Florida and play dodgeball with all the hurricanes.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you. I'm glad you can stay busy with the kids and get out. I am so happy for you about finding a playgroup! Isn't that the best. Well, you always have me, SD, and SF!!! lol.

lori bunk said...

that is a very sad story! i will be praying for you family too. love you lou.