Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I hope she's a gymnast

I had a Dr appointment this morning. I'm almost 37 weeks. Wow it's coming SO fast. I did find out that I'm almost 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced so that is good that is making progress BUT this little girl (still nameless) is STILL breech. I'm hoping she's a gymnast and can manage to flip her way around before I go into labor. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday to double check. I have a few exercises I need to do 3 times a day from now until then to try to make her flip around. They only have a 25% chance of working...so we'll see. If not when I go into labor they will automatically do a c-section. I've never been this close to having one before. I was really looking forward to having another great birth. I figured the 4th would SUPER easy since the 3rd was really easy even though he was 10lbs 2oz!!!! I'm worried about the recovery time with a c-section. I don't know anything about c-sections just because I never had one and never thought I would unless it turned out to be an emergency but it never has so I had no real need to research it. I know it sounds so routine but at the same time, it's major abdominal surgery so it's scary. On a positive note I don't think I'm going to be pregnant for much longer. I know the dr's don't know for sure and they have no way of really knowing, she did say that she is not sure that I'll even make it to my next appointment with is Wed. June 10th. But I'm not getting my hopes up just because like i said, they really have no way of knowing. I'm just hoping and praying that on Monday when they do the ultrasound that she has flipped and stays in the head down position.

No comments: