Friday, July 18, 2008

Are my hands really full?!?!?!


Seriously, if I had a dollar for everytime someone told me I had my " hands full" I would have A LOT of dollars!! People are constantly telling me that I have my hands full or making comments similar to that to me when I'm out and about with my kids. I didn't really think much of it until today. We were walking thru walmart and I had Mason in his car seat in the back of the cart, Mya was in the front seat of the shopping cart and Jordan was walking next to me. We were doing our normal grocery shopping that we do every week. I had groceries shoved all around Mason and underneath the cart. Nothing unusual for me. Just a normal trip to the store. Then a lady looked at us and kinda laughed..then her husband said, "wow, you have your hands full!!". Just kinda smiled back and kept walking. Then I looked behind me to make sure there weren't some other kids walking behind us or something. I mean, the way they looked and commented you would think I had a trail of kids behind me. Is having 3 kids really having your "hands full"? I mean, yeah, I'm busy, but usually when people refer to you having your hands full they usually mean you have almost more than you can handle. I honestly don't feel like I have more than I can handle. Maybe if I added a few more then I would feel as though my hands are full. I don't know. It's just strange to me. By the comments people make you would think I have 10 kids or something (which by the way I would love to have!)!! I never really thought of 3 kids as having a lot of kids. Maybe because I grew up in a family with 3 kids. I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's a piece of cake having 3 kids, it's not always easy. But it's my life and it's what I'm used to. I LOVE having 3 kids and couldn't imagine not having them. I would LOVE to have about 2 more (but I don't think that is in the plans). They are just so precious. I don't consider "my hands full". I consider myself completely blessed.

5 comments:

lori bunk said...

that was the sweetest blog entry... it really made me miss you for some reason. you are such a mom! i love you lou!

lori bunk said...

ps- you look SO CUTE in this picture. how do you have time to do your hair so cute?

Anonymous said...

what a great post! you know your hands are getting full when your lap keeps getting smaller and can't fit everyone on it :)

your hair is so long there still!

Anonymous said...

I think people dont understand...it's not like you were just randomly handed three kids at one time and asked to raise them. You've had them since birth and have added one at time and had time to adjust to each one and their needs. For some, that might be too much, but for you it's not. :o)

And they are a blessing!!!

Unknown said...

fitflops sale
pandora uk
ugg boots
ralph lauren
christian louboutin uk
cheap jordans
louboutin shoes
ugg boots
ugg outlet
adidas shoes
201711.9wengdongdong