Thursday, July 24, 2008


Let's see..this is going to be a rambling blog...just kinda rambles of what's going on...


First of all...we were suppose to be heading to Wisconsin today to visit my family. But yesterday Hurricane Dolly hit Texas. We knew it was heading that way but weren't sure if it was going to hit Texas or Mexico. What does that have to do with us and our trip to WI you ask? Simple, Ryan is an insurance adjuster and he has to go and work claims from storms. So now we are playing the waiting game. Will he get called to go and work that or not?? The storm hit as a Catorgory 2 hurricane which causes significant damage. The only thing now is whether or not it hit a populated enough area where they would need to call in other adjusters other than the ones the insurance companies already have in that area. It's a 50/50 chance he could get called. So we have decided it would be best to wait it out here at home because if he would have gotten called on our way to WI we would have to turn right around so Ryan could bring us back home and then head way down to TX. Also, we didn't want to just get up there only to have to turn right around and drive back either. So we decided to wait it out here, we should know something in the next few days. If he doesn't go we are going to WI early next week. I'm so hoping we can make the trip..i wanna see my family so bad! I miss them greatly.


Let's see...what else..oh, i guess I never blogged about our mini family vacation to Branson, MO. We went last week for a few days...just to get away. Ryan had a slight break in his work and we just needed the time away to enjoy ourselves. It was real fun. We went to Silver Dollar City for 2 days and then hit the outlet mall and Branson Landing (for those of you who haven't been to Branson since that was built...wow! it's incrediable..i would never have imagined branson to have such a great shopping spot..it's an outdoor mall with tons of stores and restaurants. it's so pretty and really amazing!). We also played Putt-putt and went and seen Noah, the musical. That was amazing too! We all enjoyed the show. It was a nice mini vacation and just a time away to spend together as a family.


Well, I guess that is enough of my ramblings..it's already 11:00am...almost lunch time..then I get to take a trip to Walmart to buy groceries. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Noah was great! We went last Friday. One of my good friends is an actor in the show and he got me free tickets so I finally went to see it! The Landing is great! I lived in Branson when I was a kid and it was so much different. My parents have a hard time goign back with all of the changes, but I like it. I live in Ozark...I'm about 25 minutes from The Landing and I get down there about once a year but I love when I do get down there! I think a lot of people (especially locals) really underestimate Branson's vacation potential. It really is a fun place go for the entire family.
Glad you guys had fuN!